- On March 10, 2021
Listen To The Story
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR GENDER EQUITY PROMOTION OFFICER
Position Title: Project Officer for Gender Equity Promotion
Position Location: Tamale – Northern Region
Reports to: Programme Manager
Contract Term: 2 years, with possibility of extension
Associates: Programme, Project, Field and M&E Officers
About SEND GHANA:
SEND GHANA was founded in 1998, and country programs in Liberia and Sierra Leone were established in 2004. The organization evolved into a reputable and credible NGO with specialty in Policy research and advocacy focusing on pro-poor policy and development programme monitoring in Ghana, and service delivery through the promotion of livelihoods security. SEND GHANA has mentored SEND Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone in accountability, transparency, equity and participation practices over the years, and all three nationally recognized organizations have significantly improved the economic development and governance of the region.
In 2010, SEND won the One Africa Award for enabling civil society organizations to hold African governments accountable through its innovative framework; the Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) framework. Through the Grassroots Economic Literacy and Advocacy Program, SEND has implemented projects in more than 60 poorest districts in Ghana. These projects increased good governance in the implementation of pro-poor education, health and agriculture programs. The main constituents of SEND GHANA include socially excluded and marginalized groups such as women, persons with disability, small holder farmers and in general poor people. SEND GHANA currently has operational offices in Accra, Tamale, and Salaga.
Objectives of the position
To serve as the lead on gender equity issues within programme and project context and ensure that gender equity promotional activities are mainstreamed in the planning, implementation and monitoring of all project activities.
Key Functions: Gender equity promotional activities
1.Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead and or provide technical support in gender sensitive planning, analysis/assessments; trainings and dialogue sessions.
- Ensure compliance with gender-specific programmatic requirements
- Analyse and ensure gender equity promotion integration in project activities/interventions
- Advice and support project team in the implementation of key gender components across projects.
- Monitor and report on project related gender issues.
- Recruit, train and support the Gender Model Families (GMFs) across project districts/communities
- Organize, train and support Peer-to-Peer gender equality and positive masculinity to champion GMF principles among men and boys in their communities.
- Facilitate gender equality dialogue sessions related to women’s economic empowerment and leadership in project communities
- Organize GMF summits highlighting successes and sharing experiences.
- Responsible for efficient and accountable management of resource allocated for gender equity.
2. Knowledge management
- Work with the communication team to collect and disseminate gender-related success stories and results
- Lead and or support in writing stories and articles on gender equity related issues for publication (website, newsletter, blogs, etc)
- Lead and or assist in the development of concept notes, project documents and policy frameworks and research related to gender.
- Support in project design/developments as they relate to gender equality issues.
3. Qualification, Experience , Technical skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree (desirable) or bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Development studies, and/or other related fields of study.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years (master’s degree) or 5 (five) years (bachelor’s degree) practical / professional experience in the realm of Gender equity promotion, gender programming, mainstreaming approaches and skills in undertaking gender analysis.
- Solid understanding of gender related issues and solid training/capacity building experience, particularly using participatory approaches/methods for training on different components of gender programming;
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Able to work with a team, adaptable and output-oriented
- Knowledge of at least one local language in northern Ghana will be an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their CV to the HR Manager, A28, Regimanuel Estates, Nungua Barrier, Sakumono, Accra. Email: email@example.com
SEND is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 23rd March 2021