- On December 22, 2020
Transparency and Accountability in Cocoa (Project Number: SP GHA 006)
End of Project Audit
Terms of Reference
SEND-Ghana with funding support from Rainforest Alliance is implementing a three-year project that seeks to capacitate civil society actors including farmer groups, civil society organizations and the media to collectively influence Ghana’s cocoa sector policies and practices. The project employs a strategy that encourages active participation of civil society actors in national debates on sustainable cocoa through capacity building and evidence-based monitoring and dialogues with policy makers.
As part of the project financial management requirements, SEND Ghana is required to contract external auditors to audit the project financial reports. We therefore wish to invite proposals (technical and financial) from qualified audit firms to undertake this assignment.
Scope of Work
The selected firm will be required to carry out the following work on the project financial records:
- Checking the accounting records for regularity and completeness.
- Checking the financial report, which must show all project-related income and expenditure and confirm that all income and expenditure is supported by documentary evidence.
- Control of the management of the project funds provided. This includes:
- the project funds transferred to the project sponsor in the current financial year or during the project term.
- all interest earned during the financial year or project duration on the project funds transferred to the local project partner
- other revenue arising from project activities.
- Review of the extent to which the financial resources were used appropriately in accordance with the planned project objectives and measures.
- Review of the economic efficiency of the expenditure in relation to the financial resources (to be used sparingly and as effectively as possible).
- Verification of compliance with all agreements fundamental to the project.
- Verification and confirmation of the completeness & correctness of project-relevant documents.
Expected Output and Period of Assignment
Audited financial report in accordance with the financial reporting guidelines on the project covering the entire project period from January, 2018 – December, 2020
The period of assignment shall be approximate twenty (20) working days between 4th January, 2021 to 29th January, 2021. Place of assignment shall be at SEND Ghana office, A28 Regimmanuel Estate, Nungua, Accra, Ghana.
This paragraph sets out the minimum qualification criteria for the auditor.
- The auditor is a member of a national body of auditors in good standing, which is member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- The auditor will conduct the audit in accordance with International Standards on Auditing and Project Audit Protocol (Protocol will be provided).
Expression of interest documents (Technical and Financial Proposals) should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com before 5:00pm, Monday 28th December, 2020.